Hals over hode

Som en variasjon til impulsvantene har det også blitt laget en rekke halser i nålebinding.

hals over hode

De er laget i august og september og har litt ulike størrelser. De to nede til venstre, vinrød med hvit stripe og grå (begge 50 “masker”) ble laget i august og er litt høyere. De andre er laget i september: Vinrød med rød og hvit “tvunnet” kant (50 “masker”) og vinrød med hvite striper og blomst (80 masker), de to blå og den grå (alle 60 masker).

Edit 23.12.2014:
Her er noen flere, laget i november-desember med ulike dekorative teknikker; blomster og diagonale striper. Alt nålebundet.
hals over hode

Edit 23.05.2015:
Her er noen flere, laget i februar-mai for å bruke opp garnrester.
hals over hode

English summary:
Needle binded neck warmers. Some slightly different models and sizes (numbers parentheses indicate size/number of stitches of one round). Two of them were made in August, the rest in September. There will be more to come.

Edit Dec 23, 2014:
Some different decorative techniques have been tested, such as diagonal stripes (switching between F1 and M1 bindings) and flowers.

Edit May 23, 2015:
Using the last bits and pieces of this type of yarn as well as experimenting a bit more.

This entry was posted in Moderne, Nålebinding, Småting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Hals over hode

  1. Alvi Coedwig says:

    I know this entry is nearly a year old, but maybe you can still answer my question. I’m really interested in the diagonal stripes. Can you please describe how you made them?
    Thanks for the great inspiration anyway :)

    • raaness says:

      Hi Alvi!
      The diagonal stripes are made from switching between F1 and M1+F1 (or possibly Bottom1+F1 as in the Åsle stitch) connection stitches and otherwise doing the Oslo stitch as usual. First 3x F1, then 3x M1+F1 (Bottom1+F1). As it is a while since I made it I can’t remember if the diagonals happened because the stitches are off-set or if it is just the technique, i.e. that the stitches themselves are diagonal rather than vertical.
      Enjoy!

      • Alvi Coedwig says:

        Wow, that was unexpectedly fast! Thanks a lot for your answer :) I didn’t try the Åsle stitch yet and didn’t know about that M1+F1 stuff. But I think, I can figure this out and try those diagonal stripes myself.

        • raaness says:

          No problems!
          Studying that instructional video and my own work more closely, I think it is more of the Bottom1+F1 than M1+F1. I think I started doing M1+F1 for one round, then switched to Bottom1+F1 for the rest. I also suspect it is the nature of that connection stitch to become more diagonal. I’ll certainly do that combination more often in the future and continue to experiment with combining various connections and stitches.

          • Alvi Coedwig says:

            I was just so hooked, that I had to watch some videos and try it. And I’m proud, that I figured it out without any problems. It’s easier than it looks ;) I also used M1+F1 first but Bottom1+F1 was the right one! I then made a small practice piece and made the stitches off-set and it went out pretty good. Thanks again! I now have the urge to make a new cap/hat with that beautiful detail :D
            By the way, I linked and mentioned your comments in a (mostly but not only german) nalbinding group on facebook, because there were many others who wanted to know more about the stripes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>